9.16.2010

Nas Lost Tapes Vol. 2 Details

Nas tweeted yesterday there is going to be "Lost Tapes 2" which will be a follow-up to 2002's "Lost Tapes" which consisted of the Nas previously unreleased tracks. This is Nas twitter below.






After Nas announced about it he gave the release date of "The Lost Tapes 2" which will be released December 14th. He also said about his next album which is below.
“I’m unloading records I want the streets to hear,” the Queens rapper said in an e-mail. “Cleaning out my hard drives. Gonna do this, then start fresh. I’m dropping my solo LP before the summer of 2011. I love the energy the world has been giving me over the last two years. But now it’s time to focus on owning the streets again.”

I just saw on the internet Fabolous said he wants Jay-Z and Nas to return to their roots by releasing underground mixtape projects. Well he got it with Nas dropping this and Jay-Z doing the LP with Kanye West. Below is what Fab said about the two New york artists.

"A Nas mixtape would be crazy, a Hov one too," he told MTV News. "We haven't seen any of the icons do it [in a while]. I think somewhere, we need a place where Hov doesn't have to talk corporate and Nas doesn't have to get too deep on us. We need one of those. I just wanna hear Nas [rapping], 'Splittin' Phillies, sippin' on Baileys with three Israelis.' I don't know if he's still in that space," Fab said, reciting one of the God MC's memorable mixtape freestyles. "A lot of things have transpired since. And I wanna hear Hov talk his thing. He still talks his thing and Nas still talks his thing, but I wanna see them in their mixtape essence." (MTV)

No comments: