12.21.2009

Interview With Lil C. Up In Coming Artist/


1. Tell us a bit about yourself ?
My name is Corey but everyone calls me LIL C I'm from Atlanta Ga I've been doing music for over 13 years now I had my first deal with Big Oomp Records

2. What was the first ever hiphop song you listen to?
The Fatboys "Wipeout" it was a Beach boy sample.

3. What was the first hiphop album you brought?
LL COOL J Bigger and Deffer

4. Is their any artist in music who has inspired to become an hiphop aritst?
yes 2 Pac for his creativity and enlightenment on life and the world conspiracy's.

5. When did you first want to become a rapper?
I wanted to become a rapper after I went to my 1st Concert it was Salt and Pepa with the Fatboys at the Omni Arena when I was 6yrs old my mom actually took me if she only knew she spark my entertainment career thanks Mom!!!

6. What hiphop artist could you compare yourself to if you can?

i wouldn't compare myself to no one because I come to rearrange the music game as some say change I feel like it just needs to be rearranged a little.

7. Can you tell us about your mixtape/album which you are currently making?
Right now I have a current project done entitled "Da Trap Da Club and Da Afterparty" its a mixture of 6 songs that takes u on the day and the life of me. So you get the street side the club side of me and what happens when you leave the club when u with me.

8. What is your favourite song that have made so far?
My favorite song would have to "Try Me" its a old James Brown song its timeless. Mainly I love this song because I can play it for any age group and they can feel it its oldschool mix with a lil new school but I'm all about mending the two genres of music. But "Popn N Da Club" is a real club banger and the ladies loves my new single Backseat Love

9. Is there any other jobs in hiphop you can do dj,write songs etc?
Well I write,arrange, and co produce. I did a lot of work with a known label out of the south called BIG OOMP RECORDS I helped them gain regional success that sooned turn national. I written on Dj Unk "Beaten Down Ya Block" album Track #10 entitled "Thinkn of You" feat Jazze Phae a multi-platinum producer from Atlanta. Also a lot of ghost writing behind the scenes

10. If you could work with anyone in the hiphop world who would it be?
Russell Simmons because he built one of the most powerful labels in the Hip Hop world Def Jam Records I would just wanna know the key clues to run a successful business. And keep it around many of years after I step down.


11. In next year from you in the next year?
In the next year I am aiming to be the most talked about artist coming out of Atlanta we are missing a story board of Atlanta someone who can really tell you what's behind these smoky mirrors it aint just about party's and strip clubs here. We got real history and talent here.

12. Last Is their anything you would like to say to the readers?
Yes I would like to thank Hip Hop Culture for this interview. Everybody be on the Look Out for LIL C and the MSM MOVEMENT my Digital Label Launching next year. Liquor endorsements oh yeah I forgot to mention I manage my own club in Atlanta called Club Solution 24 its a very nice club we been open like 3 months now just building the nights so if u ever in Atl give me a shoutout you can Follow me on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/lilcatl on myspace www.myspace.com/lilceo and be on the lookout for my Ep Albums I'm schedule to drop at least 8 via I tunes that's a lot. And yall stay tuned to LIL C aka The Rap Games Neo "The One" LEGGO

2 comments:

MalibuMara said...

good interview!
thats pretty cool :)

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.