3.01.2010

Top 20 Jay-Z Songs (Part 2)

jay-z1.jpg image by ohflux



10. Jay-Z - Brooklyn's Finest - I got two reasons Jay-Z and Biggie Smalls on a record. They both killed it and the beginning is just epic. "From 96, the only emcee wit a flu, yeah i rhyme sick".



9. Jay-Z - Dead Presidents - A lot of people say that this is Jay-Z's best song ever I don't but this track is real great. The Nas sample worked perfectly. Jay spittin knowledge on this track.



8. Jay-Z - Girls, Girls, Girls - This song is a classic. This song is really funny to me. Talking about of course girls.



7. Jay-Z - It's Hot (Some Like It Hot) - Jay at his best again with the lyrics. This song is definitely one of my favorite songs. Jay answering 50 with the line "Go against Jigga your ass is dense, I'm about a dollar what the fuck is 50 cents".



6. Jay-Z - Ain't No Nigga - This song is filled with classic Jay lines and Foxy spits one of the best verses I've ever heard from a female. "They say sex is a weapon, So when I shoot meet your death in less than eight seconds." "I've been sining since you was playing wit Barbie and Kenan, You can't change a player's game in the 9th inning".



5. Jay-Z - Takeover - I'm one of the few people that think Takeover was better than Ether. And I'm a pretty big Nas fan. He doesn't even spend the whole song talking about Nas. And another reason why I liked it better was because it came out first. "I sampled your voice you was using it wrong, You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song."



4. Jay-Z - Renegade - A lot of people say they shouldn't even call this Jay's song because Em killed him so bad on this. Nah I think Jay's verse's were really good. It's just Em's were on another planet. Still this is one of the best songs in hip hop history period.



3. Jay-Z - Can't Knock The Hustle - This was actually Jay's first single off Reasonable Doubt. I just think it's a pure classic. The flow is so smooth. The first verse is so ill.



2. Jay-Z - 99 Problems - I can literally quote this entire song off the top of my head without hearing it first. The guitar is so crazy and when the video came out for this song I liked it even more. If you say this isn't a classic joint then your crazy. "You know the type, loud as a motorbike, but wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight."



1. Jay-Z - Hard Knock Life - So they call this song the ghetto anthem. I'm going to have to agree with that. The idea for the song is so clever with the Annie sample. This song is just a classic. Another one of the first rap songs I ever heard.

3 comments:

Tommy Monti (OnlineCultureMag.com) said...

LIKE I SAID BEFORE ANYTHING WITH JAY Z IS AMAZING

kendall brody said...

YEA I MUST AGREE WITH ANYTHING BEING AMAZING!

Unknown said...

No lucifer, big pimpin'? Oh. D'evils? This cant be life...? Ummm..apart from these exclusions, da rest of da list is pretty ok