4.11.2010

Roc Raida

Roc Raida is an hiphop DJ and producer who I been getting in to his solo albums. But sadly he died on September 19, 2009 due to complications relating to a mixed-martial-arts accident. But his legacy still stays in hiphop forevery. He was a member of the legendary DJ group, The X-Ecutioners. Which is a DJ and turntables group. They drop three albums 1997: X-Pressions, 2002: Built from Scratch and 2004: Revolutions. The last two are dope albums to me they both are on my Ipod.

He made 7 solo albums I will be here a long time if I write about all of them. My Fav was his last Beats, Cuts and Skits which drop in 2007 the beats are crazy and got some grear hiphop artists on the album. The Likes of Black Thought, Linkin Park, Ghostface Killah, M.O.P. etc. I got to write about Rock Phenomenon which drop in 2005it was a mashup album released by Roc Raida and DJ Vlad, with Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda. The album won the Mash Up Mixtape of the Year at the 2007 Justo Mixtape Awards. The album was Hiphop vs Rock mixes on tracks the likes of Em, Pac, Hov, Fiddy, Dre, Mobb Deep and more of hiphop. Its a classic to me as im a big fan of Rock Music and it was a different type of album seeing them mix by a DJ.

Video below is a DJ Roc Raida Tribute. Its a must see video.


He also produced songs for artists including Ill Al Skratch, Showbiz and A.G., the Jungle Brothers, Mad Skillz, Smif-n-Wessun and Big Pun, and served as the DJ for Busta Rhymes. A Great DJ in hiphop and is missed.

R.I.P Roc Raida

No comments: