6.16.2010

Interview With Levi



1. Levi welcome could you say a bit about yourself and how you got in to music?

Well... I'm just a young kid at the age of 17 with big dreams and the drive to achieve them.
I really got into music like 9 or something. My older brother was the one who really introduced it to me. I remember we were bored at my dad's apt and he was just like, "let's wright a song" and the rest is history.

2. Could you tell us abit about your up incoming project "Street Lights"?

Street Lights is... basically a project about vibes. I wanted every song to have that feeling like you're riding in the car in the city at night and all the bright lights are just flashing. it's a magical feel to me. I can't tell you the biggest thing about the project, you'll just have to listen to find out hahaa.

3. How would you describe your music?

Well, let's see...
I would say i make the type of music that anyone can listen to, no matter what genre they like the most. Also, positive music. Music that can change lives ya know...
God gave me a gift with music and i use it to the best of my ability.

4. Is there any music artist which inspire you and if so you could give some reasons why?

I'd say at the moment i have two MAJOR music inspirations:
1. Lupe Fiasco
2. La Roux
I chose them because they're sound is like years ahead of they're time and nothing that they make seems to fall off. not one bit. Lupe has always been my boy , but i've just recently gotten onto La Roux. It's funny because they're (la roux) not anywhere near a hip hop group
yet they inspire me so much.

5. You're from South-side of Atlanta whats that like?

ahahaaa man.... it's crazy. xD
I was born on the south but moved to the West when my mom went overseas to Iraq.
When she came back i moved back to the Southside.
Down here, I'd say it's mostly thugs (or wanna-be thugs) and
i'm neither so it's kinda harder for me to live here than others.
It's cool sometimes but there is NO WAY i'm gonna stay here for too much longer.
I'm Cali bound.


6. You also do producing who has that been for and whats it like to do?

Producing is awesome... It's like, creating a masterpiece. I've done tracks for Rizzy, FedEx, Myself, & i'm currently working on some my dude LeFty. (can't tell him tho ahaha) & many other artists.

7. Do you have any favorite music albums which stand out to you?

Yes sir i do... Lupe's debut album is BOSS.
I'm a big fan of Lil Wayne's Carter 2 & an artist i'm not sure if you're familiar with, Median. His Median's Relief album was just epic and can't forget 808's. ahaha But La Roux's debut is looking SWEEEEET too.

8. Networking plays a big major part in music and hip-hop world which helps many artist like
yourself get music out what do you think about it?

Really to be honest, i think it's a good thing and a lame thing at times... I say that because it can help get you out there but in many situations more popular artist take all the shine ya know. it's very easy to be overlooked on many networking sites. that's why I go in on all my tracks so that when ppl come across it, they spazz, and support me, as if i was already a big name. But truthfully, as of now i'm really thinking about getting rid of all my social networking execpt twitter. I don't want to become "TOO" accessible to my fans. There is a line that should be drawn between fans & the artist. It makes for a better relationship & better music.

9. You made a lot of songs and freestyles which is your favorite and why?

ahhh good question!
hmmm.... I'd say "High Off Life & Leezy What? Levi Who?" are my favs so far... most people i ask say "Touch the Sky" and "Megaman Music" are they're favs though. To each his own!!!

10. This is a often question I ask people could you tell us your top 5 hip-hop artist of all time and give reasons if you can?

1. Lupe, I say that because he is like... unbelievable sometimes. I actually digest what he says and it's ALOT. he knows what he's doing... and he has that, VIBE.
jeez he's just dope.

2. A tie between J.Rizzy & FedEx.
man them boys are toooo talented... like foreal. I listen to them alot. they gon eff around and be number one soon!

3. Curren$y.
because he made his OWN way, his OWN sound and is doing his thing...
Jets... fool.

4. Biggie.
man... nobody flipped words like that man.
it always amazes me how he could switch rhyming words in the middle of like a 3 or 2. (i usually do on 1 or 4) He chopped his verses too sweet. To this day i wonder how his carreer woulda been if he didn't leave us so soon.

can't think of anymore... sorry. :(

11. In five years time where you like to be?

I'd like to be stationed in L.A with my bro, making good music and changing the world man...
replacing the negativity in the media with something positive.

12. What do you think of current state of hip-hop?

It's... missing something. actually missing 3 things. I'll let you guess that one. ahaha

13. What else can we expect from Levi in the rest of this year?

Well, Street Lights is dropping. then expect the unexpected. simple as that. I'm praying and working towards a big goal man. It's going to happen soon enough. whether this year, next or 5 from now. It's gonna happen. Just be ready when it does...

14. Is there anything else you would like to say to the readers?

Uh.... support the greatest music movement the world has ever seen.
& if you already are, much love to ya...

Levi Blog

5 comments:

Habitsofadopekid said...

seems like a cool guy

Life of lelo said...

when i get my mac. and start recording i want to collab with levi

HipHopCulture said...

Your should lee.

CommonLife said...

Cool interview man! Always nice to hear new upcomin artist like that talk about their music :) Big up!

Peace!

MalibuMara said...

great interview you always give really good ones!