Got an interview with Zach from Team Blackout here. Is Dope check it out !
1. Tell us a bit about yourself ?
My name's Zach. I am 1/3 of the hip-hop trio Team Blackout. We made several appearances on MTV's hit reality series Run's House. I'm from Queens, NY. Along with music, I'm a junior at The City College of New York where I study Jazz Performance. Along with being a rapper I am a jazz drummer and I have been studying jazz for about 5 years now.
2. What was the first ever hiphop song you listen to?
The first hip-hop song that ever caught my attention was Jay-Z's "Can I Get A". That song stands out to me. I was about 10 years old at the time when the Hard Knock Life album came out and I fell in love with hip-hop.
3. What was the first hiphop album you brought?
The first album I ever bought was Eminem's Slim Shady LP.
4. Is their any artist in music who has inspired to become an hiphop aritst?
There are so many artists that have inspired me to pursue a career in rap but artists like Nas and Jay-Z definitely had a major effect on me.
5. When you made Team Blackout what were your thoughts about it?
When Team Blackout was first created, I was very excited. JoJo and I used to record together before we met Reggie. We used to record in the basement of his mom's crib in Queens on a karaoke machine. We then worked our way to using a boombox and making cassette tapes. Eventually we started using a professional studio. I always reminisce of those times. That's all we loved to do, just sit in the basement and record. It's crazy to see how far we have come.
6. What hiphop artist could you compare yourself to if you can?
I wouldn't want to compare myself to anyone. I want to create my own lane and do my own thing but I would say I definitely look up to artists like Kanye West, Nas, The Roots, and other artists of that stature.
7. Can you tell us about your mixtape which you are currently making?
Yes, at the moment everyone from Blackout is working on solo projects. My cd is called In My Own World. I'm very excited about it. I'm in the process of recording it now. It's definitely gonna be different musically but still a lot of fun. It's gonna give fans a chance to get to know me better, bring them into my world. So be on the look out!!
8. What is your favourite song team blackout has made so far?
I would say my favorite Blackout song would be either Gotta Have Her or It's Your. But I love them all.
9. Has being in Team Blackout change your life in anyways?
Being in Team Blackout has definitely changed my life. It's opened up the doors to be successful musically. We were fortunate to make several guest spots on Run's House and get exposure internationally. It's been the stepping stone for many more great things to come.
10. Team Blackout work with Rockwilder on "Lights Out" what was that like?
It was great working with Rockwilder. Shout outs to Rock and his production crew Chris and Teeb-better known as Drop Zone!! They're very talented producers and gave Blackout a distinct sound. They helped mold us as artists.
11. In next year what can we expect from Zach as a solo artist and Team Blackout?
Next year, I plan on doing a lot of performances and promoting In My Own World which will be out by then. I want to get the ball rolling and start my movement. Expect all of our projects this upcoming year.
12. Finally this is the last question is their anything you would like to say the readers?
Thanks for all the love and support. Shout outs to Hiphop-movement.blogspot.com! Appreciate u having me on the site. While I work on the official cd, I have been releasing a new freestyle just about every week all over the Internet. Check out www.twitter.com/zach89, http://www.zachfacts.blogspot.com/, www.youtube.com/zachtv14, www.soundcloud.com/iamzach. In My Own World is coming soon!