11.26.2009

Cant Stop Wont Stop - BOOK REVIEW


This has to be one of the best books I read, as it shows what hiphop is all about. It starts from New york area in 1950s and 60s about what music was around and what was happening. Then Dj Herc gives an intro about him and what he done. Then it gets going all about DJs at being likes how it started and why. What samples they would use. Alot say James Brown. Starts getting in to the 1970s where emMCs coming in to it. I like it as it got so much on the 70s,80s,90s on hiphop. In the 1980s goes on about Public Enemy , Run DMC, Beastie Boys, LL COOL J
etc. Then how ganster rap happen in 1990s likes of NWA. A really good book and I think you should check it out. Its long like 450 pages or something but it is worth it. I just finished reading it. I started like a week ago. It shows what hiphop is about and what it does to people. Its all about the culture and movement.

A great book, I read a lot of books not just hiphop. But I order this other book called Why White Kids Love Hip Hop. Check the book out, its dope.

PEACE

And Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Nas Holston said...

like the new blog header doing a post tonight.

Justin said...

haha thanks man appreciate that.. heres my email again jdizzle@live.nl

daniel said...

Yo what up man i havent hard from you in a long time. what you up to? Oh and i like the new blog its dope. keep it up.
when you get this hit me back so i no whats popping with you. alright peace!