12.06.2009

GRAMMY Awards - Hiphop Awards



Well we all know Grammys are early next year. I like watching it and see artists win adwards etc. But as this is a hiphop blog only do hiphop adwards. There are five hiphop adwards in the grammys. First Best Rap Solo Performance - Best I Ever Had" - Drake, "Beautiful" - Eminem , "D.O.A. (Death Of Auto-Tune)" - Jay-Z ,"Day 'N' Nite" - Kid Cudi, "Casa Bey" - Mos Def. All good tracks but Drakes was his first big hit so it might put him high up for the grammy. But Beautiful from Eminem was a massive hit and showed a new style of Eminem. D.O.A was hov telling death of auto tune. Kid Cudi track was very big. Last Mos Def - Casa Bey to me I would love to see Mo Def win it. He is so under rated and that track is dope.

Second adward Best Rap Performance By a Duo/Group "Too Many Rappers" - Beastie Boys & Nas, "Crack A Bottle" - Eminem, Dr. Dre & 50 Cent, "Money Goes, Honey Stay" - Fabolous & Jay-Z, "Make Her Say" - Kid Cudi, Kanye West & Common, "Amazing" - Kanye West & Young Jeezy. Some great tracks here. I would like to see Beastie Boys get it as they been around for years and its a good track also got NAS in it. I would be surprised if in Crack A bottle got it. Fab & Hov could get it as it was a great hit. Other two tracks are solid ones though.

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration - "Ego" - Beyoncé & Kanye West, "Knock You Down" - Keri Hilson, Kanye West & Ne-Yo, "Run This Town" - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West, "I'm On A Boat" - The Lonely Island & T-Pain, "Dead and Gone" - T.I. & Justin Timberlake. This has to be Run This town it is massive track or Dead & gone T.I & JT kill it.

Best Rap Song - "Run This Town" - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West , "D.O.A. (Death Of Auto-Tune)" - Jay-Z , Dead and Gone" - T.I. & Justin Timberlake , Day 'N' Nite" - Kid Cudi , Best I Ever Had" - Drake . I cant say for this one there all good tracks in my view. But there some other track which could be on here.

Last Best Rap Album - Universal Mind Control - Common, Relapse - Eminem, R.O.O.T.S. - Flo Rida, The Ecstatic - Mos Def, The Renaissance - Q-Tip,. I dont mind ho this goes to just not Flo Rida. Mos Def album was good. Eminem was dope. Q-Tip & Common were great. Its very hard. I might give it to Common Or Mos Def I liek there album. But it could go to any off the four I said.

PEACE.

6 comments:

Nas Holston said...

i see how you and malibu mara got us to 100 followers.

Nas Holston said...

i still can't believe flo-rida is up for a grammy for that album

Jimmy said...

Flo Rida's album is trash, it's more pop than anything else. Give that award to Q-Tip!

Yobi said...

i feel like kanye got the short end of the stick his 808's was really good and they snubed him
cuz of that taylor swift stuff

Buddy said...

KID CUDI FOR PRESIDENT looool

Nas Holston said...

i dont know what they're doing. there's probably a hundred albums you could put ahead of Flo Rida's