10.31.2009

Wale - Attention Deficit (Review)



Okay so last night I was doing my blog thing at about 11. And then I found out that the Wale album had leaked. I was tired after Friday night but I stayed up to listen to it. And it didn't disappoint. Just finished my second listen from beginning to end. Every track is dope on November 10th. Def gonna buy. Download: Wale - Attention Deficit
Here's a quick review:
01. Triumph (prod. by Dave Sitek) - Good album intro nothing really special about it. Decent beat Wale  comes with some good lyrics. 7.5/10
02. Mamma Told Me - Just a decent track average album cut. Talking bout how he was on his grind 7/10
03. Mirrors (feat. Bun B) (prod. by Mark Ronson) - Solid album cut. Bun.B fits the song well. Good lyrics from Wale 8/10
04. Pretty Girls (feat. Gucci Mane & Weensey of Backyard Band) (prod. by Best Kept Secret) - People gettin on him for the Gucci feature. But I love the beat and the hook. 9/10
05. World Tour (feat. Jazmine Sullivan) (prod. by Cool & Dre) - this is single worthy. Good beat good hook. Jazmine Sullivan adds some nice vocals. Wale comes with possibly his best lyrics on the album 9/10
06. Let It Loose (Inhibitions) (feat. Pharrell Williams) (prod. by The Neptunes) - Now this song can get annoying at times but is still a good track. Wale doesn't really come hard with the lyrics on this one. 7/10
07. 90210 (prod. by Mark Ronson) - Probably the worst track on the album and is still dope in its own way as he talks about a girl doing anything to make it in hollywood. 6.5/10
08. Shades (feat. Chrisette Michele) (prod. by 9th Wonder) - Wale gets a little sensitive as he talks about shades of skin. Saying he was dissed by girls as a kid for being too dark. Good track tells a lot. 8.5/10
09. Chillin' (feat. Lady Gaga) (prod. by Cool & Dre) - okay this was the first track off the album. Don't really like anymore but hey I'll take it for what it is. Amazing beat though. 8/10
10. TV In The Radio (feat. K'Naan) (prod. by Dave Sitek) - it has a nice funky beat. K'Naan provides a nice Somalia to Nigeria collaboration. K'Naan absolutely kills his part and so does Wale. 8.5/10
11. Contemplate (prod. by Syience) - Nice Rihanna vocals on the sample. Calm track I like it. 8.5/10
12. Diary (feat. Marsha Ambrosius) - Another telling track as Marsah adds great vocals. Talking about how its hard to approach black woman. 8/10
13. Beautiful Bliss (feat. Melanie Fiona & J.Cole) (prod. by DJ Green Lantern & Mark Ronson) - absolutely the best song on the album. makes you feel good. Melanie Fiona sounds wonderful. J. Cole pulls a Kanye West and totally rips his part. "At dinner Hov. Hopping he pass the baton or he just pass the patron." Made Wale seem average. 10/10
14. Prescription - Good calm track to the end the album on a good note. I love the beat. Nothing else really special 7.5/10

Gives the album a grade of a B+. Top 5 rap album of the year.



3 comments:

HipHopCulture said...

I going to buy it but stil lgoign to download it now. I think it is wierd it leak lol.
Good post though man.

MalibuMara said...

awwman that sucks it leaked but at least you're going to still buy it i can't wait i knew it would be good, i head his version of D.A.N.C.E and its pretty good.

@TheMedSetter said...

just d/l this album, I've been hearing alot of great things about it. I'm going to take a listen to it and ten I'll give my comments on the album later. Nevertheless, I like Wale. I haven't listened to too much of his work but what I've listened to, I've enjoyed.